Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Like Photography?? Check out Clickin Moms!!

www.ClickinMoms.com

You must be familiar with Crissie by now... she is our FAB reader that is
always sharing the excess doublers she get's from her parents TVM route!

Today I want to feature Crissie in a guest post about her OTHER
passion... Photography. I purchased a DSLR last year (with my
stimulus $) and haven't regretted it since. It's so fun to use and
learn and I'm anxious to dive into this site and read all the tutorials and
forums!

Now, "Welcome to the Fab Crissie!"

If you are an aspiring photographer or even a mom who would like to save (or make a few) bucks on family photography, consider joining Clickin Moms which is a photography forum geared towards moms. I have been a member for about a year and a half and I've learned enough to take my photography from an interest in my DSLR to being able to subsidize my family's income.

Clickin Moms has been running a really great affiliate contests for members and I'm trying to reach my goal of a brand new camera for school next month, so I would be thrilled if anyone with a blog or other web presence was willing to pass along my user specific link. Even if you only join for a month to try it out, I still receive credit for your membership which will count towards that camera!!!

In addition, they're running a SALE on the fees for new members. Just enter FRIEND at check out for a 10% discount. It's just over $5 per month after the discount and the knowledge to be gained through their website borders on immeasurable. They cover a wide variety of topics from learning how to use all of those wild settings on your camera and beginning to advanced Photoshop. Here is an example of a screen shot from their "Tutorial" section:

Just a few of the topics covered (shown in this screen shot):

Lesson/Challenge on getting proper exposure sooc

Learning to shoot Manual ~ Tutorial

Metering Tutorial

Using curves to get that "creamy" skintone....

Eyesparkle making catchlights tutorial

Catchlight lesson

Skinny Wednesday (a day early): The Basics

Sharpening Images


Here's my link. If you would be willing to post it on your for me, I would be thrilled! Send me an email if you need a different size.



Cathy here - I encourage you to sign up for just one month and test it out... It'll cost you $5 and change (use code: FRIEND). Think about all the $ she has saved you by graciously sharing doublers!! :)

Bookmark and Share


0 comments: