Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fabuless Friends Share Ways to Use Tuna!

I love it when our FABULESS readers share their tips with us. We love to help and share and it is awesome that you do too! Thanks Ladies!

After the FabuLESS Tuna Deal at Albertson's we all could use some ideas on how to use our Tuna.


Here's how I will use my tuna:
-tuna casserole (comfort food, baby)
-tuna sandwiches with lettuce and pickles
-grilled tuna sandwiches yum!
-a recipe I LOVE which is appropriately named "fabulous tuna pasta salad"!! (shall I change the name to "fabulESS tuna pasta salad"?)
-when my baby is old enough, he can have some tuna while he sits in his high chair!
Carolee


My ALL TIME FAVORITE way to use tuna is miracle whip, tuna, celery, and original wheat thins!! I literally eat a whole box of wheat thins! YUMMY!!
Amy


I love making homemade tuna pasta salad. And also using the creamy brocoli tuna helper-cold and putting it on crackers. Which I got the tuna helpers really cheap using coupon plus doublers. And eating them on ritz crackers I got for free with coupons!
Sara

Here's how I'll use my tuna. Tuna melts, baby. Toast some bread, throw on some tuna, melt a bit of cheese. Mmmm...delicious. Also, easy for some protein on salad. The best part is--no can openers and no draining icky tuna juice!
Sara S


I would give the tuna to my hubby to put on salad so he can PACK HIS OWN LUNCH for awhile! Starnes Fam

I will use the tuna to make pasta. What you do is put tuna, garlic, and olive oil in a pan and let it simmer together for a few minutes. Then add tomato sauce and cook the sauce. Mix it with cooked spaghetti noodles. If it doesn't sound good, well, that's what I thought but when I tried it I really liked it.
Amber
(insert comment from Cathy - I made this for lunch one day and loved it!)

I love tuna. I make sandwiches, tuna casserole, and put it over my salads.
Nikki

I will use the tuna on club crackers! It's the best!
Jordan H

I have a really easy recipe that my mom made us when I was growing up that goes FABULESSLY with the Epic promo at Albies!

Ingredients:
1 box macaroni and cheese
1 can or pouch of tuna
Crunched up potato chips (I use the ones at the bottom of the bag and save them in a Ziplock bag)
Shredded cheddar cheese (Tillamook and Kraft, both on sale)

Basically you make the mac and cheese according to the box. Stir in a can/pouch of tuna. Pour into an oiled 9x9 casserole dish and top with crunched up chips and then shredded cheese. Now just put under the broiler for a minute until the cheese melts! (You can use a larger pan if you like your filling thinner and more crunchy topping! )

This was my favorite growing up!

Cathy Broker (insert ANTHER comment from me - made this and my fam LOVED IT!)

I'm going to use the tuna for my family's dinner AND for my new weight-loss menu.
Smullin Family


One idea for tuna is my sister's favorite sandwich. It's an open face sandwich - Bread, Tuna (with mayo and pickles mixed in) then top with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Pop in the broiler until the cheese is melted. YUMM!
Brandy



One way i recently saw that i am going to try was seen on a blog. It's creamed tuna over either bisquits or toast. My mom used to make it but i had forgotten all about it. Then of course the old standby of tuna on ritz crackers. Another way we ate it growing up was to take an english muffin and half it. Put them on a cookie sheet and spread with tuna, then add a thick slice of tomatoe and cover with a slice of cheddar cheese and put in the oven until cheese melts= yum

Libby


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My hobby is making my favorite comfort food recipes healthy and affordable! Here is my favorite tuna casserole recipe! Hope you like it!

http://www.savingeveryday.net/2009/04/budget-recipe-tuna-noodle-casserole-for.html

(Oh and I am with your sister on the open face sandwich ...yummy)

5dollarFanatic said...

We had this on english muffins too-mom made that alot when camping.