Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Whole Frying Chicken Recipe

Heather tells us how she uses whole frying chicken:
I start with chicken stock,  I make my own the first time then freeze and reuse.  I usually have to add a few cups of water to cover the chicken. I bring the stock to a boil and add the chicken, remove innards first.  Once it comes back up to a boil I reduce to medium high and boil for close to an hour.  Pull the chicken out and let it cool completely.  Then cut all of the meat off and into small pieces, nickle-dime size.

Enchiladas
Mix 1 whole cut up chicken with:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 16 oz tub of sour cream, I use light
2 cups of shredded cheese

I use 8" tortillas, fill and roll them and place in 9x13 pan using half of mixture.  I pour the remaining mixture on the top and bake at 350 until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 35 minutes.

When I have spare time, I cook a couple of chickens up and freeze the meat so that I can just pull it out and throw the enchiladas together on one of those busy days.



Thanks Heather


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: