Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Granola Recipes

Unfortunately for me I am pretty clueless when it comes to making Granola. Luckily I know a few people who love to make it! 


Recipe from reader Christy


6 cups of Oats
1 1/2 cups of Honey
1/2 cup chopped Almonds
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup chopped Peanuts
half bag of Coconut
1/2 cup Flax seed
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup


In a small saucepan heat the honey til it is thin...add Vanilla and Maple Syrup...in seperate large bowl add all the dry ingredients...pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until it is well coated...pour onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350. for 10-15 min...allow it to cool completly on the pan and transfer to air tight container... I was also going to tell you the cook time on the granola is also to taste...I like it soft so I only cook it for 10-15 min. stirring once in between...my mom likes it crunchy so she cooks it 20 min or so...(she also does it on her food dehydrator)  so play with it


Recipe from my Uncle Sid: I tried this last weekend and it was yummy! Even my little ones liked it!


GrandPa’s Bodacious Granola


1 ½ C Flour
1 T salt
1 ½ C sugar
5 C oats
3 T Baking powder
2/3 C Oil
Bake 225 degrees for 45 min.


Add raisins nuts, or coconut if desired


What do you like to make with Oats? Feel free to share recipes and ideas in the comments!

Bookmark and Share


0 comments: