Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Friday, February 26, 2010

A Frugal Friday Night: Family Style!

In my former life (you know the one where we had 2 solid incomes, no diapers to buy and a savings account that did not gather cobwebs!), my husband and I would easily drop $75 for dinner and a movie on a Friday night date. GASP! It is hard for me to even read that sentence now. What a naive little spender I was!

Obviously things have changed a bit over the years, and this is what our Friday night looks like now:

$1 Redbox Rental (use the codes DVDONME or BREAKROOM to get a 1 night rental FREE)

Jolly Time Popcorn I got for free with doublers at Albertsons last month.

Yoplait Frozen Smoothies I bought for about $.75 at Winco last week using this coupon $1.25/1. You can also use the $1/1 from coupons.com.

Total price for a fun family night: $1.75 (Just $.75 if you get the Redbox rental for free)!

What frugal activities does your family do on a Friday night? Can you get the price under $1.75?  Is that $75 date night still making you cringe too?

Disclosure

Bookmark and Share


2 comments:

Sugar & Spice and Frugal Advice said...

There was no such thing as a "budget" before I had kids! If only I could have all that money back.I guess we live and learn...and clip coupons:)

Carolee said...

Freschetta pizzas (for $3.50 a few weeks ago!) add to a fun family night, too! Or, instead of McDonald's, my husband does "McDaddy's"...he makes chicken nuggets (from the freezer), apple slices, and chocolate milk! It's a hit!