Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fab FruGALs INBOX

We got the following message from one of our readers this week:

I have been following your blog for several months now and have been amazed by the amount of money you save and even make. I told myself I wanted to try it and see how it worked for me. It took me a few months to read your "couponing 101" and understand how it should be done. I finally made my first effort earlier this week when my son needed diapers and I saw on your blog that Walgreens had them on sale. I didn't take a picture that trip but using coupons and store sales I got 2 pkgs of diapers, 2 pkgs of wipes, 2 pkgs (4 ct.) disposable razors, and 2 Sunday papers (I don't get the paper yet :( ) for $31.02 and I got $6 in RR. I didn't quite understand how the RR's worked at the time so it was a little more than expected. After that trip, saving over $12, I got really excited. I made another trip today and although it didn't work out exactly as I planned it out, I think it still went pretty well for my second trip. This visit (picture attached) would have cost me $63.73. I paid $18.76 oop and still have $4 in RR to use later. I'm pretty satisfied with my first experience and think that I am now addicted!! Thanks for your great blog to help others save money also!!



Sincerely,  Brittany
 We love to see that our ways our working for our readers. Hopefully Brittany's experience can help show you other newbies that sometimes it takes a little time and patience, but it is WELL WORTH IT!
Thanks for sharing with us Brittany!

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Julie said...

I was so excited about all my free stuff today, too, that I lined it all up and took a picture. It's the first time I've ever done that. I think you ladies are rubbing off on me. Someday I'll look at those photos and see, um, lots of pasta!