Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cooking From Your Pantry

We hope you are enjoying our meal planning series each week. I kinda started it for selfish reasons. I look at this fabulous stockpile of mine and I know I need to rotate it. Plus I am always asking myself that eternal question, what should I make for dinner. Deciding what to make is half the battle of getting a meal on the table. Having recipe ideas helps me plan ahead, remember to set out meat and be more efficient about cooking. Am I the only one benefiting from this series?

Baked Oatmeal a favorite from Amber to use up that OATMEAL.
Bean & Cheese Quesadillas This week you can get cheese 2lbs for $3 at Albertsons. Total cost of this meal: $2.49.

Funeral Potatoes Don't forget to pick up 10lbs or potatoes for .99 at Albersons

Baked Potato Casserole Don't forget to pick up 10lbs or potatoes for .99 at Albertsons. This recipe calls for bacon. I have some in my freezer from a previous sale, but if you do not have any in your freezer you can get a 12 oz package of Jimmy Dean bacon at Albertsons this week for $1.99. This is a good price, not a stock up price.

Pasta Carbonara Use free pasta from last week. Bacon 1.99 at Albertsons this week. Hopefully you got some Alfredo a few weeks ago when the Ragu was on sale for .50 and you have some frozen peas in the freezer. Maybe you got those peas for .38 a bag in January. If you did all this I am seeing a meal total of $2.87

Easy Pork Chops & Gravy Find pork chops on sale for $1.69/lb this week at Albertsons.
Quick and Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup Hopefully you have some chicken in your freezer from last weeks Albertsons sale. I also have a ton of cream of chicken soup from when it was on sale for less than $.50 a can. This one is a favorite to make for new mommies and is always a hit!

Do you have any recipe ideas
to cook from your stockpile?
Send them to us and share the recipe love!

Bookmark and Share


1 comments:

Nikki said...

I love when you do this! It's great to have new ideas especially when you are using the groceries I just bought on sale or have in my storage. My sister also said she loves your site because of your recipes and local deals you always post. Thanks for your hard work!