Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Frugal Lasagna



Tonight I decided to try out the lasagna recipe only using my frugal find food. Guess what it turned out pretty good. Instead of lasagna noodles I used the No-Yolks noodles and instead of ricotta I used cottage cheese. I blended up the cottage cheese (thanks to a tip from my friend Ellen) to make it closer to a ricotta consistnecy.

So lets calculate the cost................Coupon prices in purple  Winco/Costco prices in green

1lb ground beef $1.88 $2.24
32 oz Prego sauce $0.75 $2
1 ¾ c (15oz) Cottage Cheese $0.80 $2
1 egg $0.11 $0.13
½ tsp Basil $0.05 $0.05
½ tsp Italian seasoning $0.05 $0.05
1 bag No-Yolk egg noodles $0.49 $2
4 cups mozzarella  $0.96 $4
1/4c Parmesan $0.24 $1

Total $5.33 coupon shopping
$13.47 old way of shopping

The old way is a guess. It has been so long since I shopped the old way that I am not perfectly sure of all the prices. How do you think I did? Should it be higher or lower?

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: