Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Toys R Us Game Deal



Did you notice this ad in your Sunday paper? Games for only $1.99 after rebate! SWEET!
I loved some of these games when I was a kid. This was a deal I just couldn't pass up.

Buy $25 in Hasbro games and get a $10 gift card to ToysRus.
(that you can use on anything in the store)

Here is what I was planning to do:

Buy
Candy Land $3.99
Chutes and Ladders $3.99
Memory $3.99
Hi-ho Cherry-o $3.99
Break the Ice $3.99
Ants in the Pants $3.99
Cootie $3.99

Total: 27.93 plus tax
Submit $14 in rebates
Get $10 gift card
Final Price: $3.93 for SEVEN games! .56 EACH

Unfortunately they were not full stocked so I had to settle for this scenario:

Candy Land $3.99
Chutes and Ladders $3.99
Memory $3.99
Gator Golf $14.99

Total: $26.96 plus tax
Submitted $9 in Rebates
Got $10 gift card
Final Price: $7.96 plus tax for 4 games or $1.99 EACH

You can view and print the rebate here, to get an idea of what you want to buy. They do have forms in the store posted by the games!

Don't need seven kids games?
Consider donating them to Toys for Tots!

4 comments:

smiling_mama said...

Weren't there some coupons for some of these games? I thought that there was a Gator Golf coupon out there some where?? Maybe I am wrong?

Mom 'n' More said...

yes there was a $4/1 Printable. I have two! woohoo!

Fabulessly Frugal said...

DANG IT! I wonder if ToyR Us would let me take it back and use it?

Do you remember where to get the coupons?

Jen said...

it was one coupons.com and I've heard they're gone now.