Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Couponing in Cali


I have been visiting my family in Cali this week. Haven't you all missed me? Just wanted to share my Wags deal from Saturday night. Sorry you can not do it, but it is a fun story!
I realized that thanks to Crissie I had 15 coupons for the $1 off 2 Mars Candy Bars, and that they were going to expire Sunday Aug 23rd. So after dinner on Saturday night I had my Aunt take me on a Wags run. Walgreens had an in ad coupon to get Mars Candy bars for .49 each.
I found out from the checker that the system was not limiting you to 6 candy bars and that you did not need the coupon to get the .49 price. So I picked up 28 candy bars and a Sharpie marker also for .49. BTW they had lots on the shelf!
28 Snickers/Twix @.49
1 Sharpie @.49
=14.21 + .04 tax on the Sharpie. No tax on food in Cali!
Used 14 $1/2 Coupons
Saved $14
Final Price: .25 for 28 candy bars and 1 Sharpie Marker!


I had so much fun trying to get my family to guess how much I paid for the bag of candy bars. It was fun to see my cousins, uncles, aunts, brothers, sister, parents and grandparents all excited about couponing. They were shocked to hear that it was only .25. I was even a little surprised because I forgot that CA does not have food tax. I had to explain to everyone that I bought a sharpie to absorb my overage because Walgreens will not pay you to shop there. I had to show them the receipt because some of them just could not wrap their head around it. I remember feeling like that. If I could do it again I would buy the .33 carmel, then I would only have paid .05.
Sorry I did not have the pic to show you all, but they ate them so quickly I did not get a chance!

Bookmark and Share



3 comments:

amanda said...

What is crazy is that while on vacation you had your coupons with you!!!! Now you know you are a coupon shopper if............. Ha Ha!!

Monica said...

I know bad huh? I needed my coupon binder so I could cut and organize on our drive to AZ. I got all of my inserts cut! Wahoo. I must have had 6 weeks worth. It is a good thing I brought them b/c those candy bar coupons would have expired while I was gone and I would have been sad! ;(

A said...

My husband calls my binder my "don't leave home without it." Like the credit card ad for American Express. Awhile ago when we went to Utah there was an awesome sale on toilet paper at ALbertsons and I bought a few packs a few different times. I didn't realize how much I bought until I had to stuff it under my kids' feet and up against every possible window to make it fit for the drive home. Seriously addicted.