Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another Frugal Tool

A while back I discovered another data base kind of like Pinching Your Pennies (PYP). I kind of forgot about it, but when Cathy mentioned this week she wanted to compare the Johnson and Johnson deals from Albertsons and Walgreens I remembered this site.

The site I am referring to is called SavvyShopperDeals.com, here are the things I like:


  • You can search for deals at 11 different stores. Including Albertsons and Walgreens
  • You can search by category. If you are looking for the best deal on Johnsons soap you can compare with all 11 stores. (This would have helped Cathy)
  • You can search by Savvy rank and find out what the hot deals are for all or specific stores
  • If you are interested in seeing the % you are saving they have that too. Some prefer that over the PYP star system.

(All of these tools are found in the shopping wizard section of the site.)

Things I am not as excited about:

  • They have a coupon index, but it only includes the newspaper coupons. I use HCW for this.
  • They do not offer printable coupon options.
  • They have an organizer to keep track of your current coupons, I think it would be more work to manage than it is worth. However I use a binder with categories to organize my coupons so it is pretty easy to figure out what I have. If I did the file folder system where you only clip what you need as you use them I might find this organizer helpful so that I could keep track of what I have.
  • This is awesome if you live in Utah, b/c it caters to that state. If you are a reader from outside of Utah if may not be very helpful. Although here in Idaho are ads are the same as Utah. So if your state follows Utah or Idaho ads check it out!

0 comments: