Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Google Reader




Google Reader is my best resource for reading and staying up to date on my coupon blogs.

-It reads like email so I don't have to go from site to site checking for updates.
-I can store all of my favorite sites in one place.
-I can use the search feature to search a particular blog or all of the sites in my reader.
-I can place a star on items I want to read again or save for later.
-I just learned about the TAG feature that allows you to file away all your favorites under different categories like recipes, scrapbook, photoshop, ect.
-I can read a title and skip to the next subject easily.

Oh how I love this tool, but careful it can become addicting.

To Get Started

Click here

You don't have to get a gmail address, you can use your own email as the user name. Although you may want to set up a gmail account to use as your junk mail when you sign up for freebies.

Once you are set up click on the subscribe button and add the URL for each of the sites you want to follow.

Check out our links page for some good coupon sites for your reader.
You may want to just start with a few or choose some favories. There are also more sites on the Money Saving Blogs list that are not on the Blogs in My Google Reader List.

Sorry I did not post them with this post but now that I have reader is much eaiser just to create a blog role. Blogger askes me if I want to import from my reader and with one click there is a whole list.


Here is a getting started video I found hopefully it is working again.




For more help with reader go to The Official Google Reader Blog or leave a comment and I will do my best to answer your question.


Ok I am tired. Anyone else want to post this weeks Rite Aid and Walgreens links?

0 comments: