Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

My ALBERTSONS Plan

First off, are you saving the entire coupon flyer from today's paper? Keep it, and file it. I found an unused expandable file folder and am sorting my coupon inserts this way. I have a different method for my internet coupons. But file those inserts by week, and get as many as you can (ask friends, family, purchase another paper, go dumpster diving... yes some people really do it!).

So I've been working on the deals I'm personally going to take advantage of this week. But so far, I've only gotten Albertsons completely ready, mostly because this is only good through Tuesday. This is my plan:

ALBERTSONS (sale through 11/18)
  • Best Foods Mayo 1.99 - use .60 off one (in 11/16 Red Plum insert)
  • 1 Gallon Shoppers Value Milk $1.99 (I'm going to get a bunch - cheaper than Costo!)
  • Barilla Pasta - 10 for $10
  • 1 doz eggs $1.59 (is this a good price? I'm not sure)
I found this great tip on the Screaming Penny Idaho Forum:

"You saw the add for the 2 Sara lee Pies and 2 Breyers ice cream in this weeks Albertsons ad for $6.37. Bet you didn't know you could get them for $1.37 with the Catalina promo.

Here's how:

buy 10 Marie Callendars frozen entrees at $2.00 each this generates a coupon for $10 off post cereals. Buy 5 boxes at $1.99 each this then kicks out a $5.00 coupon. Use this on the Sara Lee promotion and pay the $1.37. This will need to go through as three separate transactions.


So for $21.37 + sales tax you get 10 Marie Calendars dinners, 5 boxes Post cereal, 2 Sara Lee Pies and 2- 1/2 gallon Breyers ice cream.

Also Albertsons is running a 3 day customer choice stealth coupon ad. With the purchase of $25 in groceries you can use the following coupons.

$1.00 off your choice frozen pizza
$2.00 off produce tote and can use existing coupon already attached to tote
$3.00 off any seafood purchase of 2 pounds or more
$4.00 off any 2 pound chunk cheese
the coupon is valid 11/16 - 11/18"

I think I'm going to attempt it! Let me know if you find something great and wonderful!

ps - Here is the Grocery Smarts/Pinching Your Pennies Albertsons link. And here is the link to the Pinching Your Pennies "Screaming Deals" forums for Idaho.

0 comments: