Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Friday, June 5, 2009

WINCO Strawberries and Using Coupons that Are about to EXPIRE.

I was downtown for my doctors appointment today, so I stopped in at Winco. My friend Amanda told me they were having their annual Strawberry Truckload Sale.

You can get a 4 pound pack of DELISH AND MASSIVE Strawberries for only $2.98!!
You only get that price on the first pack
.

While I was there I noticed many items on "sale" that I could get for WAY less at Albies right now - because a promo, coupled with coupons AND doulbers makes for a stink load of money saved! I found myself cringing when people put some of these items in their cart!

I DID however, use a few coupons that will be expiring next Wednesday that I wanted to use.

I picked up a pack of Yo Plus (reg price $2.04) and saved a dollar with my IP. I also grabbed 2 California Kitchen Pizza's. These were the 12" variety that are NOT part of the promotion at Albies this week. They ARE on sale at Albies for $6.99 (I don't consider THAT a sale!), so I got two boxes at Winco for $4.78 each. And I used two $1/1 printables that I got from coupons.com a few weeks ago.

ANYWAY - my point is:
FABULESS Strawberries at Winco right now

also

IF you have coupons that are about to expire,
and
YOU NEED or COULD USE the item that you have a coupon for,
and
there isn't an AMAZING deal going on,
then
I break down and head to Winco or Walmart to purchase the item.

2 comments:

Swanson Family said...

I just got home from Winco where I found the same AMAZING strawberry deal and was planning to let you know.....I should have known you'd already be all over that deal!

Yeah for yummy (cheap) strawberries!

Mama Yo said...

That is so funny! I guess great minds think alike!! Our strawberries are almost gone!