Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Friday, June 12, 2009

What do you celebrate?

The St. Luke's Women's Fitness Celebration is an annual 5K run/walk/stroll in Boise, Idaho. The event not only raises awareness about women's health issues and promotes an active lifestyle, it also raises money for many local charities. According to their website:

"The Celebration has never been about speed or endurance, but about celebrating health and wellness in any form, for anyone. The Celebration is for women of all ages and all abilities to come together in a supportive environment. The founders of the Celebration wanted to create an event where elite athletes and grandmothers felt comfortable on the same course on the same day. This unique aspect has inspired many to line up on Celebration Saturday and complete the 3.1 mile course, whether they finish in under 30 minutes or over an hour.
"

Because of the line of work I am in (I pretend to be an aerobics instructor part-time), women's health/fitness is an issue close to my heart (ice cream has a special place in my heart too, which is why I have to work out!). I have participated for years, and have the most uplifting time every year. I usually push my kiddos and walk with family and friends, but this year we want YOU, our FABULESS FRIENDS to join us!! We have created a team: FabuLESS Friends, so when you go to sign up, just select our team and meet us on Celebration Saturday!!

I know the race isn't until September, but if you register before June 30th, you get your race shirt in a beautiful blue color, instead of the usual white (the shirt price is included in the entry fee).

Not ready to sign up just yet, no worries. We will be reminding you in the months to come. But if you want to register now, just go HERE and look for FabuLESS Friends under the team category. Just because you join our team, doesn't mean you have to run/walk/stroll with us (although we would love you to join us!!!!). We will have more info as we get closer to September. Shoot us an email or leave a comment if you have questions.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Amber- Which wave are you signing up in? I was thinking of blue/purple b/c I am not planning on taking my kidos.

Amber said...

I already signed up for the orange wave. I really wanted to run it this year, but Cora STILL talks about it, so I felt like I should bring my kids again. So we will probably have people from our group in all different waves, don't you think?

savvy squirrel said...

I would love to walk with you guys. I have been wanting to walk this race since I moved here 7 years ago. I still havent done it. This will be my only chance cause I am moving out of Boise area next may. I will sign up asap. Thanks for the invite! ~Lindy