Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Albertsons Cool Savings Rewards - Don't let them expire!

When I first heard about the Cool Savings promo that Albertsons has been doing, I wasn't really excited about it. You got a 5% off coupon for every $250 you spent in store through the 31st of March. Then I found out that, like the gas rewards, your total spent is before coupons! And with all the awesome catalina sales that have been going the last month, I racked up quite a few of them. Maybe you have too! Just be sure to use them because they expire on April 12th. You can combine up to four in one transaction, so 20% off one transaction. If you didn't get very many, check with your friends to see if they want to combine for a better savings!

Then I wasn't sure when to use it because most of my transactions are really small and that doesn't make sense to waste it (ex: on 5 boxes of Post cereal for $1.99, savings: 39 cents). Then I had an idea! I am always wanting to stock up on meat for a good price. Why not use the 20% off on meat?!?
Albertsons had meat on sale last week and I bought $1.99/lb hamburger, $1.88/lb chicken, $1.88/lb pork, and $1.99/lb bacon - all at 20% off! That made it $1.60/lb for hamburger, $1.51/lb for boneless skinless chicken breast, pork and bacon. I only wish they'd been having all of the meats on a better sale to begin with to maximize my savings. I still have more cool savings coupons and am hoping for a better sell on chuck roast before the cards expire!

Does anyone have any other great ideas of what to use them on???

0 comments: