Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Frugal Tip

So I guess I have been so crazy couponing that I forgot to pay my credit card bill last month. When I got my bill this month I discovered the late fee and interest charges. I swear I paid that thing online, what the heck? The interest charges were only about $5 since my bill has been so low due to couponing. The $39 late fee was not welcomed though.

I learned this a few years back. If you get a late fee or interest charges call them up and ask them to remove it. I quickly paid my bill online in full. A few days later I called my credit card customer service explained that I thought I had paid it online, they verified my account and removed my fees. A $44 savings for a 4 minute phone call.

I do not think they will do this every month so do not plan on that, but for the occasional mistake surprisingly they are very forgiving.

BTW if you are not paying your credit card bill in full, you should read this.

I know I know, if I really listened to Dave Ramsey's advice The Truth About Credit Card I would not even have one. Although I am usually very responsible with mine. I pay it in full every month, plus I really like the $135 rebate I just received from last years spending. Besides I am not afraid to call and have my late charged removed if I forget to pay on time.

0 comments: