Welcome to our blog Fabulessly Frugal! You too can be FABULOUSLY FRUGAL with out breaking the bank!

WE'VE MOVED! Come on over to FABULESSLYFRUGAL.COM and see our "NEW LOOK! and resubscribe to our new feed!

Newbie? Check out our couponing basics. Come back often to see the latest printable coupons, freebies, coupon tips and frugal living tips! Got something to say? Leave us a comment! Lastly, subscribe via RSS or Email to get the latest updates! We are located in Boise, Idaho, and blog about stores found in the Northwest and Nationally!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Links, and my Emergency Fund Story

I was going to plan my meals for the week... but ended up distracted by my reader that had over 400 items in it!!! I've been neglecting it! Fortunately, I just skim or fly by most of the posts...

BUT - here are some good ones for you to have for YOUR weeks shopping trips!

  • Freddys (I personally have apples, GM cereal, MILK!, eggs/English muffins (see coupon), and bottle liners on my list for tomorrow (this is just from skimming through the ad).
  • Walgreens - here or here (I have $12 in Register Rewards from last weeks shopping trip! I have yet to decide the best way to use them!) Kellogg's cereal for a buck after you use the manufacturer coupons! Cool!
  • Free Rayovac batteries at Target! Check out the link here - I did this myself last week. The batteries were in the dollar spot... you can never have enough batteries!!
  • This is a nice post from Moms Need to Know - it is a coupon insert preview... even though you already have your coupons from today, still check it out. She gives some advice on particular coupons and how/when to use them - and she suggests how many inserts you should try to collect.
On a more personal note, I loved this post from Moms Need to Know on "The Importance of an Emergency Fund". For the first time in our married life, my husband and I worked for and actually HAD an emergency fund. I hadn't even cashed the checks yet (he worked refereeing football games for a youth league in Sept and Oct). The first week of November my fridge leaked and ruined my kitchen floor! Thank HEAVENS we had that Emergency Fund! I now have a much nicer floor, thanks to my good homeowners insurance, and that emergency fund... all with out accumulating any debt! YAY! We feel so blessed that we found Dave Ramsey and were nudged into saving up! Now we're working on building that back up! If you haven't heard of him and The Total Money Makeover... what are you waiting for?!?! Now is the time! He ROCKS! (I purchased the mp3/audio book - let me know if you'd like to borrow).

0 comments: